This Privacy Statement is in addition to our Privacy Notice.
We collect the necessary information from parents/ carers. We collect and use information under the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework, the Data Protection Act (1998) and the GDPR (2018). It is both contractual and for emergency reasons.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have robust systems and procedures in place to safeguard and secure the information we collect and receive both online and in written form.
The data we are required by law and as an Ofsted requirement to hold for each child is as follows:
- Child’s full name
- Child’s date of birth
- Child’s address and contact details
- Parents addresses (if different) and contact details including a phone number
- Who has parental responsibility
- Emergency contact details
- Allergies/ dietary requirement information
- Any other special requirements/needs/medical history details/ child protection plans
- Names of people who can collect your child if not yourselves
- Doctors name, address and contact number
- Children’s ID – Passport/ Birth Certificate
This information will be collected from you directly on our registration forms. If you intend to claim 2 year old or 30 hour funding, parents National Insurance numbers and their dates of births are also required.
Where do we keep your information?
- We are required to inform you of how we process and store personal data within the setting
- All paperwork regarding your child is either stored in a locked filing cabinet, in your child’s own tray, in your child’s key workers tray.
- Your child’s full name and date of birth is written in our daily registers. The registers are stored away in a locked filing cabinet overnight.
- All laptops, computers & tablets are all password protected.
- Email accounts are password protected.
Redbridge Pre School will only share information after we have sought permission from you.
We may share information with other settings, if your child attends another setting or when they move settings
- With Southampton City Council, to claim funding your child is entitled too
- With outside agencies (SALT, health, portage, etc) in order to offer your child any additional support
- We may need to share your information with the emergency services if there is an accident or medical emergency.
Child Protection; any issues relating to Child Protection will be recorded in a separate file. Information is given to those on a need to know basis only.
Child Protection concerns will be the only time permission may not be sought to speak to other agencies. The well-being and safety of the child is paramount.
Only the Designated Safeguarding Leaders will have access to this.
Photographs; we take and use photos of your children (with your permission) for use in learning journals and to display around the setting. All photographs are deleted from the camera, tablets, computers and laptops when your child leaves the setting.
We use photo graphs of staff / committee members in the Pre School display board and in learning journals. These photographs are removed/ deleted when the staff/ Committee member leaves the setting.
Retention of Records
Redbridge Pre School uses a document ‘retention periods for records’ to ensure we retain personal data records for the correct amount of time. There are certain records that we must retain, you have the right to ask for additional data to be handed over to you or we will destroy it appropriately.
Redbridge Pre School must adhere to the lawfulness of Processing Data. All data collected by us will fall into one of the following categories:
- Consent of the data subject
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject
- Processing is necessary for the compliance with a legal obligation
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject
- Processing is necessary in the public interest or the controller has official authority
- Processing is necessary for the purpose of legitimate interests pursued by the controller or third party.
As well as personal information we also collect and hold data on your child’s characteristics such as their language and ethnicity, attendance, medical information, assessment information and information regarding special educational needs.
Personal Achievements;Staff (key persons) will collate information regarding observations made on individual children’s attainments. This allows us to plan for their individual progression.
SENCO;at any time children may have Special Educational need, a separate record system is kept for the identification and monitoring of Special Educational Needs.
We use the collected data:
- To support your child’s learning and development
- To monitor and report on your child’s progress
- To assess the quality of our care
- To comply with the law regarding data sharing
- To comply with the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Requirements Framework (2017)
Under data protection legislation, parents/ carers have the right to request access to information held by Redbridge Pre School and parents/ carers can withdraw consent at any time (other than for information needed by law).
If you would like any more information how we are collecting or storing personal data, we request that you speak with the Manager or Data Protection Lead. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/or our Chairperson.
Redbridge Pre School is registered with the ICO.
Employees, Students, Committee Members and Visitors
Redbridge Pre School also obtain and hold information on Staff, Students and Committee Members
- Employees personal details will be obtained and held in a locked filing cabinet. This will include medical history, next of kin and emergency contacts and any other personal information for payroll/ finance purposes
- References will be sought from two sources
- A DBS check is sought
- Evidence of previous qualifications, if necessary will be asked for.
- Details of address, next of kin, medical information and contact numbers will be sought so we know who to contact in the case of an emergency
- Information on the type of course and college attended will be needed before any student will be given a work placement to ensure that students are registered with an educational provider.
- DBS checks will be sought prior to a work placement
- Committee members names, contact details, email addresses, dates of birth and DBS numbers are kept in a locked filing cabinet. Information is shared with permission to the Charity Commission and Ofsted. The information shared is a legal requirement.
- Government and Local Authorities need to know who has overall responsibility for those who run services for children and the community.
- DBS checks will be sought for all Committee members to ensure volunteers are suitable to work in the management of children’s services.
- Visitors will be asked to put their name and contact number and reason for visiting in our visitor’s book.